Thursday, October 12, 2006

Winter in Full Blast

Just as I was starting to get into the fall season, Winter arrives out of nowhere. Sure, the weather men have been predicting snow all week, but we expected a light dusting if anything. We did not expect blizzard conditions.

When I walked out of my apartment this morning to find my car covered in several inches of snow, I went through emotional shock. I do have a strange emotional connection to Autumn, but I have no such connection with Winter. I hate snow and I hate driving on ice. I don't like being cold, and I don't like having sleet hit me in the face and slipping on the sidewalk when I'm trying to get to class. I consider it a kind of practical joke from God.

Ok God, that was a good joke. No, seriously, it was hilarious.
Now please, make it stop.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Ryan, I'm here from DDM, and it cracked me up to read the titles of your last two posts--from Autumn to Winter in a nano-second. Two days before your winter blast, I was boogie-boarding in the Atlantic Ocean, digging my toes in the sand, catchin' some serious Vitamin D, and lovin' every minute of it.

Of course, we got home last night to find our home very chilly (in TN), temps going down to 37 tonight with frost expected...and a broken heater! First thing I thought of when I rolled outta bed this morning was to call the heating guy :)...he'll be here before lunch :D.

And for the record, I LOVE snow but rarely have the pleasure!

Ryan said...

Yeah, it's awesome how quickly everything changed. Here in Michigan, we joke about the weather changing from summer to winter in a day, but rarely does it happen so dramatically.

I hope your heater gets back online. And for the record, I don't hate winter weather, I just like to complain about it.