Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What I Know to be True

There is a God

He loves us.

No matter what has happened to us in the past, no matter what we believe that he let happen to us, he loves us.

He loves us so much that he actually took the form of one of us to die in our stead by our hands, and through this death, we are reconciled to our first love.

God romances us. He uses little things like a sunset or a light rain in the summer. He uses people we come across in life, he uses fate and coincidence. He uses all these things and more to help us to have faith in Him, trust that he is real and that His love is real. And the one thing he wants most in this world is to be with us, for us to love him back.

He is my father, my lover, my comfort, my provider, my counselor.

I am learning how to love because he is constantly showing me how to love.

No comments: