Friday, October 06, 2006

The List

Those of you who know me, may know that I love movies. I like to think of myself as a movie connoisseur of sorts. I check imdb.com all the time - certainly more than is healthy. But I realized about a year back that I had not seen many influential and great movies. To help me remember which ones I still need to see, I compiled what is now known as "The List".

In order for a movie title to get on the list, it must either be a classic or be highly recommended by several different people. These are movies that I have not seen, but I plan to see in the future. Once a movie gets on the list, it does not get removed until I watch it.

The List:

12 Angry Men
Amadeus
American Beauty
An American in Paris
Batman
Boondock Saints
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Bridge on the River Kwai
Bullitt
Casablanca
Chinatown
Donnie Darko
Dr. No

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Easy Rider
Falling Down
Gettysburg

The Gods Must Be Crazy
Gone With The Wind
Goodfellas
The Graduate
The Great Escape
Gross Pointe Blank
Hotel Rwanda
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Jerry Maguire
L.A. Confidential

The Lion in Winter
A Man for All Seasons
Mystic River
On The Waterfront
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Paper Chase
Philadelphia
Psycho
Raising Arizona

Remember the Titans
Rocky
Rudy
Scarface
Shindler's List
Singing in the Rain
Spartacus
The Sound of Music
Taxi Driver
This is Spinal Tap
Training Day
Under Suspicion
Vertigo

West Side Story

No comments: