Monday, October 09, 2006

A Beautiful Collision

This morning as I was driving home from class, I popped the David Crowder Band album A Collision into my CD player. It was just a casual listen at first; some background music to serenade my trip back home. But when the song Beautiful Collision came on, it was as if I was hearing it for the first time again. Almost immediately, I felt strengthened and inspired by this song.

There is something so simple, yet so profound about the idea of you and God colliding. Most of the time, we fumble through our everyday lives, trying to pay our bills and handle our menial responsibilities. But our real purpose and thrill of life comes from our Creator, our Father.

When we collide with God, it becomes and entirely new thing, something profound and mysterious. When we build our relationship with Him, it becomes as it should be - as it was before the fall. There is a joy that is inexplicable, indescribable, that you can only feel when you are in a loving relationship with the one who created you.

Here it comes, a beautiful collision
Is happening now.
There seems no end to where You begin and there I am now
You and I collide

No comments: