Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dark Night

It's been a week since I've last blogged, and I feel like I'm due for another post.

Today, for the first time since I can even remember, I really got into worship. It was completely refreshing to feel the joy of God in my heart again. I raised my hands to Him in praise, loving Him for who He is. Honestly, it's been a long time since I've felt that I really loved God. It's a sad thing to say, but it's true. Last week, Scott mentioned the concept of a "dark night of the soul", and I think that's exactly what I've been going through for the last few months.

But today was different. Today, I felt joyful and free from all the issues I've had over the past school year. During worship, I gave all the things I was struggling with to God. I'm trusting him to take care of my emotional and financial needs.

It feels like I've reached an apex in my Dark Night. At least, I hope I have. Right now, I feel like all the emotions I've been going through for the past few months have come together in one great surge. But most of all, I do feel the joy of the Lord again.

I know I have a future.

No comments: