Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mystery

I have been haunted
all my life
by a single mystery.

It is this mystery
that brings life to my heart
and wrenches it away as it wishes.

It brings about all that is worth being,
all the while, making everything in this world
seem worthless.

It is the thing that drives me;
the thing that was set into my heart-

into my very being-from the start.

Yet, it is the thing that brings sorrow.
It causes me great pain
and is relentless.

It brings me hope
and sets my heart ablaze,
longing for the future that is so fervently promised.

It is the greatest blessing
that a person could have,
and the greatest curse.

It is my depression,
my delusion,

and it is my hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan said...

I'm sorry, but I don't know you and you do not know me. Now that you've decided to be nasty in your comments, I've taken the initiative to delete them. I'm all for free speach, but when you start insulting people, you begin to loose rights.