Thursday, January 25, 2007

Desires

Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of
your heart. Psalm 37:4

What does it mean to delight yourself in the Lord? How does one go about it? Is it sheer obedience? Is it prayer and Bible reading?

My heart contains specific desires, but I feel that if I am to realize those desires, I must first delight myself in God. It is a task that seems daunting and unattainable at this present time. It is almost as if I'm trying to find the true meaning of life. Perhaps that's exactly what I'm doing.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think delighting yourself in God is loving this life that he gave us and doing all you can to set goals for yourself and meet them to be the best person you can. We are meant to enjoy this life and when you start doing that you are delighted in God and how amazing He is.

Ryan said...

That's a good answer. Thanks for your comment.