Sunday, September 24, 2006

Chicago




The Chicago trip went very well. The international students seemed to have fun. For many of them, it was their first trip to Chicago, and for some, their first trip to a real American city. We took them to Giordano's and let them try Chicago-style deep dish pizza. If you haven't had it, you haven't lived. Then we went up and down Michigan Avenue to go shopping on the "Magnificent Mile". After that, we went up to the Sears Tower skydeck. Although it was a cloudy day, it cleared up enough for them to see the city from above. In the end, we all got back in one piece.

Chicago is a great town, and I kind of wished I could have stayed. I love the city atmosphere. The skyscrapers, the business of traffic and pedestrians, and the never ending list of fun things to do are almost enough to make me want to live there. But I could never get used to the traffic.

No comments: