Sunday, March 11, 2007

I Am Orion

Just a few minutes ago, a dear friend of mine suggested that I take a look at the stars. I decided that this was a fantastic idea, so I put on my jacket and went outside. I stared at the night sky for a few minutes and thought about the past few weeks. When I looked at Orion, hanging there in the south on a quest to slay the bull with his faithful dog behind him, I saw myself.

I saw myself in Orion, reaching for the star, my heart's desire that is ever beyond my reach. And there behind me is the bright star, God, running after me, trying to get my attention. I have my back turned toward Him, focusing completely on what I want so badly.

God's been dealing with me lately. I am understanding my selfishness in putting my desires before Him. Slowly, but surely, I'm starting to learn how to love God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you found that symoblism in the stars. I always love how there's little messages hidden in God's canvas!