Friday, August 17, 2007

One Year

I'm a day late on this one, but my blog is one year old. I started Spiritual Reboot on August 16th of last year in order to voice some of my opinions on the church and Christianity. There were some things that I needed to discuss that I didn't feel I could seriously let out by any other means. In that way, this blog has been a path to freedom for me to be able to talk about things that would never have been brought up in every day conversations. When this blog started, it was a way for people to see a side of me that many people had never seen before, and it has spurred a change in me. Now, I feel more comfortable having deeper conversations with people. In fact, I fear that sometimes I may annoy people with my opinions and problems.

This blog has been very therapeutic in many ways too. There were some occasions when I my mind would be a jumbled confusion and by making a post to this site, I was able to straighten it all out. I never expected anyone to actually want to read my blog, and there have been times where I have been surprised that they really do. But even if no one read my blog, the shear process of getting my thoughts into an organized block of words and being able to better understand myself through those words would be reason enough to have it.

And so the Reboot continues. A year ago, I was rediscovering what it meant to be a Christian. A year later, I'm beginning to realize that what I am going through, this Spiritual Reboot, will be a continuous learning process. Once I get my mind around the message of Christ and the role of the church in this whole scheme of things, the Reboot will begin again. I will keep returning back to the beginning, back to what everything comes down to: the love of God.

Here is a link to my first post. And here's hoping that this will be another good year of growth and learning.

No comments: