Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happenings and Thoughts

It's been a while since I've last blogged, partially because I've been busy with classes and work and partially because I've felt rather uninspired as of late. Actually, unmotivated would be a better term for it. I have ideas of things I want to blog about, but I don't. I just don't.

I finished my first class of the Summer and didn't do so well, and two days later I started my second class. Meanwhile, I look around and realise that we're already halfway through Summer. I've been tired a lot lately and a bit apathetic too. After getting pretty stressed and burnt out over my first class, I don't really have much motivation for my present one. I'm still doing the homework, but I've become a lot more laid back about it, for better or for worse.

I moved over the weekend. I now live on campus again, for better or worse. Right now, cardboard boxes loaded up with all my belongings are strewn throughout the place. I also don't have the Internet on my computer yet. I'm currently writing this post from the XP office, as it is my closest source of unfettered Internet access.

The new place doesn't really feel like home to me yet. And even though I know that it will eventually feel like home and it will be awesome having a roommate come late August, I'm not completely enjoying the place yet. It smells of cigarette smoke and there are a lot of hoops to jump through with Western's staff in order to get anything done. Again...I don't have the Internet yet. Mostly, I don't have time to get anything done. All of Western's offices close at five and I get off work at 4:30. It takes fifteen minutes to get home. Go figure.

I complain, but it's probably a good thing that I don't have constant Internet access yet. I spend way too much time Googling random things and looking at Youtube videos when I do. Probably more time than is healthy.

And while I'm still on the subject of WMU staff, I feel the need to remark on an observation I made the other day. While driving around campus, I noticed that campus police cars are a heck of a lot nicer than Kalamazoo and Portage police cars. The campus police "nazis" are notorious for writing parking tickets and leaving them on the cars of poor college students simply because they wanted a convenient place to park, rather than parking in the issued spots on the edges of campus, behind staff parking, so I'm not really surprised at the quality of their vehicles. I just thought it was an interesting thing to note.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well i hope you can find time to hang out with people, it sounds like you need a break from work and homework. I saw the goonies night on facebook, I'm glad you're going. If you ever need to talk, just im or call me!
Pam