Friday, May 11, 2007

Summer

Summer is here, people. I've started my job at MDOT again and now spend much of the work day walking down highways and looking for culverts. Fun times. It really feels good to be working again. It feels good to know that there's a paycheck around the corner too, but there's something about having a job that gives a guy a sense of purpose.

I've started my Summer I class too. I'm taking Dynamics, which apparently is a very difficult class during a normal semester. Since it's a Summer class, the course will be going at a very fast pace. We cover one week's material in one two to three hour class period. I have class twice a week, and three sets of homework are due at the beginning of each class. This means that I have to have twelve problems that are extremely heavy in differential equations done before I start work at 7:30 am on those days. It's like I'm taking a very involved, calculus-based physics class on speed.

But this weekend, I intend on relaxing between Dynamics homework. I'm heading home for Mother's Day and will get to see some of my friends back there again. I think we might even be playing beach volleyball tomorrow. It's going to be great.

No comments: