Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Book Recommendation: Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis



If the period of my life that changed my view of Christianity was a spiritual reboot, this book was the boot disk.

C. S. Lewis' Mere Christianity introduces the raw basics of what Christianity is. Starting from absolutely no Biblical backup, Lewis creates an argument on why we should believe that there is a God. Furthermore, Lewis argues why the Christian God is the one true God. From this base, he dives into every nook and cranny into this religion. Morality, sin, forgiveness, hope, faith - no stone is left unturned.

I recommend this book for anyone. For Christians, it is an extremely refreshing look at Biblical beliefs. It gets cuts through churchy doctrine and gets back to the raw basics. For a non-Christian, it details just about everything there is to know about the basics of Christianity. It explains why Christians are the way they are, and why we believe what we believe.

On the road to re-learning what it was that I believed, this book guided me through step by step. I helped me to figure out what I believed and why.

No comments: